Rss Feed
  1. Looking For Alaska by John Green

    Tuesday 28 January 2014

    Looking For Alaska by John Green


    Before. Miles "Pudge" Halter's whole existence has been one big nonevent, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave the "Great Perhaps" (François Rabelais, poet) even more. Then he heads off to the sometimes crazy, possibly unstable, and anything-but-boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe. Because down the hall is Alaska Young. The gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed-up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young, who is an event unto herself. She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps, and steals his heart.

    After. Nothing is ever the same.

    Where you can buy 
    Amazon / Kobo / Nook

    Title: Looking For Alaska
    Publication Date: December 28th 2006
    Published by: Speak

    Review
    I will be honest here, and say at first, I struggled to get into it. John Green has a unique voice when it comes to writing, and I guess, it takes some getting used to. I persevered, and after the first few pages, I was hooked!

    Looking for Alaska is focused on the POV of the protagonist, Miles Halter, who has an obsession with finding the Great Perhaps, and famous last words. The story starts, when Miles is about to head off to a boarding school, Culver Creek and then he meets Alaska Young, and quite predictably, he falls head over heels for her.

    Now, as far as plot goes, there isn't a lot. But to be honest, you can push past that, because this book was probably the most emotional two days of my life. I laughed and I cried many times throughout. I found myself highly identifying with the characters. I always hear people say The Fault in Our Stars made them cry, more than this one, but if I'm totally honest, this book made me cry a lot more!

    I could not recommend this book highly enough! Just grab the tissues.



  2. 0 comments:

    Post a Comment